This asymetrically-designed chest of drawers is a good example of Hungarian Art Deco and early post-war design. The Hungarians were expert in working with wood veneer ever since the 19th Century. Techniques that were refined during the Austro-Hungarian empire were applied to streamlined Art Deco and Mid-Century Modern designs much later. As Hungary had ready access to walnut wood, walnut veneer was most often used. Hungarian designs are quite similar to French Art Deco but somewhat simpler. This glossy lacquered chest features a tripartite design, with a dark plinth, recessed compartment on the left with a single door and a stack of drawers on the right. The hardware is nickel.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 34.5"W x 18.5"D x 31"H
- Age | C. 1940
- Material | Walnut Veneer
- ID | 21E01012B
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.