British Colonial furniture describes all furniture that was made during the empire in the British style, using local hardwoods and native furniture makers. Art Deco was the word's first truly global furniture style and it embodied the modern belief in progress. After independence, this style of furniture was adopted all over Asia as it fit the progressive spirit of the times. Since teak wood is naturally resistant to insects and moisture, a surprisingly large amount of these vintage modern pieces have survived, especially in Burma, now Myanmar.
This extremely simple modern bookcase and storage cabinet dates to the late 1950's. It originally had a golden teak varnish that had badly deteriorated. It was subsequently refinished to black lacquer. The piece is remarkably intact and extremely sturdy. Despite its contemporary appearance is constructed entirely from solid hardwood, without any use of veneer, plywood, particle board, and etc... Even the joinery is traditional mortise and tenon. it is a modern piece made just like an antique.
- Origin | Burma
- Dimensions | 85"W x 18"D x 85.5"H
- Age | C.1940
- Material | Teak Wood
- ID | 22T02073
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.