A refined example of a Chinese Yuanyi, or round chair dating to the early 20th Century. The flowing, horseshoe-shaped crestrail is made from a single piece of Elm wood that has been soaked in water and gently bent, as were the legs. The trapezoidal back splat is decorated in auspicious symbols, such as bats (for long life). A thin layer of oxblood lacquer colors the exterior for a warm red-brown finish. The lacquer on the footrest and bottoms of the legs has rubbed away from long use. Very lightweight and comfortable chairs like this were often taken outside to better enjoy pleasant weather.
- Origin | Shandong , China
- Dimensions | 26.5"W x 25"D x 36.5"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Elm
- ID | 22T01111
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.