Japanese storage tansus were used to hold clothing and other personal effects in a 19th Century Japanese home. Because Japanese homes were and are relatively small, furniture was relatively small. Because rooms were used for multiple purposes, furniture also needed to be lightweight and portable. Accordingly, storage chests had handles for recieving carrying poles. The distinctive iron hardware provided structural stiffness and also served a decorative function.
- Origin | Japan
- Dimensions | 36.5"W x 18"D x 41.5"H
- Age | c.1850
- Material | Kiri Wood
- ID | 22T01014
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.