This monumental book cabinet was made from solid Teak wood and dates to the early 1900's. During the late British Empire in India and Burma much furniture was made in the Anglo-Indian style using native hardwoods and native furniture makers. Styles closely matched European styles of the period but colonial pieces teneded to be much sturdier and heavier. Since teak wood is naturally resistant to insects and moisture, a surprisingly large amount of it has survived, especially in Burma, now Myanmar. This piece has been lightly restored, with some added surface varnish and any missing pieces of wood meticulously replaced. The painted interior is original. The glass panes are new. Rangoon, Burma c.1900.
- Origin | Burma
- Dimensions | 92"W x 15.5"D x 98.5"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Teak Wood
- ID | 22T01255
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.