Depicting an Italian scene; likely 18th Century. The painter is unknown but likely Flemish. The canvas is in good overall good condition, now mounted on a hardboard backing. The composition is striking -an early summer evening or morning scene with travelers moving through a vast valley. An odd, partially dying tree is the central subject, leaning next to a promontory. The human figures are quite small, insignificant, and non-religious. All attention is on the beauty of the valley and mountains and the fine leaves of the tree. The valley in the distance has a blanket of distinctively blue fog, which also suggests a Flemish origin. The painting appears to have been cleaned, repaired, and varnished but not at all recently. The gilt frame, which appears to be original, bears a plaque Gift of Adele Sarry.
- Origin | Belgium
- Dimensions | 62.5"W x 3"D x 47.5"H
- Age | 18th Century
- Material | Oil on Canvas
- ID | 21M01002
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.