A very well-preserved Chinese two-door clothing armoire with original brass lockplate and drawer pulls. All joinery is traditional mortise-and tenon. The gently aged and richly patinated oxblood lacquer is fully intact, still protecting the solid Elm Wood doors and frame. Oxblood was often used lieu of black lacquer (or bright cinnabar red) when the underlying wood grain was beautiful. This is most visible on the doors. Oxblood, which is made from mixing natural tree sap and aninmal blood, is the only semi-opaque lacquer. Intitially it is brighter and darkens gradually with time as soot in the air subtly mixes with the natural lacquer. Modern lacquers are inert and do not mature in this way. The piece has a flat-fronted, almost minimalist quality that mixes exceptionally well with starkly contemporary interiors.
- Origin | Shandong, China
- Dimensions | 34"W x 21.5"D x 45.25"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Elm
- ID | 22T01064
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.