This elegantly-scaled cabinet was used to hold blankets and personal effects in a Northern Chinese home. The simple, unbeveled frame is enhanced with cabriole legs, doors with beautiful burled-wood center panels and a round brass lock plate. The original oxblood lacquer has mostly worn away on the front of the piece, showing the natural wood grain. The natural lacquer is still intact on the sides and the back. All joinery is traditional mortise-and-tenon -no nails or screws were used. Modern hinges were once added to the front of the doors but have been removed as part of the restoration. Worn-down hidden hinge pins have been replaced, returning the doors to their original operation.
- Origin | Gun shu , China
- Dimensions | 33.5"W x 18.5"D x 44"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Elm
- ID | 22T01099
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.