This long and graceful Chinese bench dates to the late 19th century and was made from northern Elm using mortise-and-tenon joinery. It has a framed seat with a floating panel interior and is raised on splayed round legs reinfroced by simple spandrels. Originally used as shared seating in public spaces, such as outdoor couryards, benches such as this would have been placed throughout the home, used as casual seating. They could be taken in and out as needed. Today, these benches are commonly placed in hallways, entrances and at the foot of the bed. The rubbed ox-blood patina is totally original, as is the wear visible on the bottom of the legs.
- Origin | Beijing, China
- Dimensions | 79.5"W x 20"D x 22"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Elm Wood
- ID | 22T01241
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.