This large and sleek sideboard is made from five different kinds of Makassar ebony veneer. Makassar is an exotic hardwood prized for its hardness, durability and beautiful grain. It first became widely known during the Art Deco period, largely due to its use by French furniture makers. The chest is a new reproduction from an original Hungarian design. Hungarian Art Deco tended to be simpler and less curvaceous that French Deco. After World War 2, Hungary was less accessible to foreign travelers and the fine furniture made during the interwar years disappeared from the market until the early 2000's. Few original pieces remain but some surviving ateliers now produce excellent modern ones, usually based on vintage designs. This sideboard has a French polish finish and solid nickel hardware. It is ideal as a dining room server, an office credenza or below a wall-mounted television.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 107.5"W x 22.25"D x 32"H
- Age | New
- Material | Walnut Veneer
- ID | 23E01022
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.