These sleek and modern armchairs were made in Budapest, Hungary in the 1960's. They are examples of Mid-Century Socialist furniture; the modern furniture made after World War 2 in East Bloc countries such as Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Poland and East Germany. Though the styles for the most part closely followed Western European fashions, there were local variations and local materials were favored over imported ones. Many pieces had a "space age" or Brutalist look which reflected the East's political competition with the West. These chairs are very simple and practical with elegant bent beechwood arms and tapered legs.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 24"W x 28"D 32"H
- Age | c.1960
- Material | Beech Wood
- ID | 23E01026
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.