These unique side chests feature a very modern or "Brutalist" design that was popular in Europe during the 1960's and 1970's. During the post-war period, Hungarian furniture production was redirected toward simple furniture for the masses and away from luxury production. However, Party officials encouraged some production of stylish pieces for themselves and to compete with the cultural fashions of the West. Art, culture, furniture and literature were seen as ways of legitimizing and showing the virtues of the Socialist system. Brutalism was immediately adopted as the dominant variant of the "Mid-Century Socialist" style. It is bold, original and lacks any connection to previous styles. It is not hierarchical but anarchic i its use of materials and motifs. These chests feature solid oak and brass drawer fronts arranged to project a modernist collage. They are book matched, with a left and right side. The brass on the raised plinths is new.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 38"W x 18.75"D x 32"H
- Age | New
- Material | Solid oak and brass
- ID | 23E01036
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.