This elegant Chinese altar table features an authentic oxblood patina that has darkened with age. Oxblood is one of the three traditional Chinese lacquers, along with red and black, which are totally opaque. Oxblood, however, is made from actual animal blood pigment mixed with tree sap and is translucent, showing the beauty of the woodgrain beneath. This piece is from Shanxi Province, China and dates to the early Qing Dynasty period. It is in the Ming style, with clean lines, a one-piece top and round-post legs. The leg stretchers are plain and minimalist. The patina is completely original. Very few of these fully intact "survivors" can now be found in China. All surface wear is plausible; that is logical and consistent with long use. Even the light coloration on the feet is appropriate and expected; Northern Chinese pieces often rested on damp floors, leaching minerals into the first few inches of the legs. Today the piece is ideal as a console under a large painting or as a sofa table in a modern home. It can be left in its original state, just waxed or refinished according to the buyer's preferences.
- Origin | Shanxi , China
- Dimensions | 72"W x 16.5"D x 33.5"H
- Age | C. 1750
- Material | Elm
- ID | 23T01036
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.