This large and powerfully proportioned Chinese altar table has finely carved details and a beautifully aged oxblood patina. This piece is from Shanxi, China and dates to the Middle Qing Dynasty; c. 1750. The thick top is made from a massive single slab of elm timber supported by wide legs with inset panels featuring round "moon gate" openings. The table has complex decoration, including leg stretchers in the form of an archaistic dragon. Very few such all-original and unmodified pieces are now found in China, which makes this one quite rare. The top is gently worn as befits its former use as an altar or wine table. Today the piece is ideal placed under a large painting or as a sofa table.
- Origin | Shanxi , China
- Dimensions | 95"W x 18"D x 35"H
- Age | Middle Qing
- Material | Elm
- ID | 23T01042
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.