Dating to the 19th Century, this provincial stool would have been used throughout a courtyard home as versatile everyday seating. The stool has a square single-piece seat supported by four square legs linked with double stretchers and simple spandrels. The legs are joined to the top by "honest joints" -large square tenons which extend all the way through. The stool's original dark oxblood finish has rubbed off with time to reveal the light brown elmwood beneath. Exposure to moisture has eroded the surface beautifully. The stool is a rare "time traveler"; the kind of furniture fossil that is easy to blend with modern decor.
- Origin | Shanxi , China
- Dimensions | 15"W x 16"D x 20"H
- Age | c. 1900
- Material | Elm
- ID | 23T01043A
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.