This open antique bookshelf was made from solid teak wood and dates to 19th Century. During the British Empire in India and Burma much furniture was made in the Anglo-Indian style using native hardwoods and native craftsmen. Styles closely matched European ones of the same period, but vintage colonial pieces tend to be much sturdier and heavier. Since teak wood is naturally resistant to insects and moisture, a surprisingly large amount of it has survived, especially in Myanmar (formerly Burma). This piece has been lightly restored, with some added surface stain and a waxed finish.
Price for EACH.
- Origin | Burma
- Dimensions | 19"W x 13.5"D x 84"H
- Age | 19th Century
- Material | Teak
- ID | 23T01141A
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.