These stylish British Raj armchairs are hand carved from teak and fitted with woven rattan seats. The cabriole legs and arms are graceful and beautiful from every angle. The barrel style back is very comfortable and the woven seat provides pleasingly firm, ventilated support. In Britain's Asian colonies such as Burma, rattan seats replaced traditional cloth upholstery, which become moldy in the tropical humidity. The color of the chairs is a dark golden brown, which is authentic to the period. The chairs are of Burmese origin, probably from Rangoon. Burmese teak was (and is) considered to be the best in Asia and Burmese workshops exported large quantities of bookcases, tables, chairs and architectural elements during the late empire. Teak was preferred for almost all uses, due it its naturally resistance to insects and moisture. The chairs are new, based on a 19th century colonial design.
- Origin | Burma
- Dimensions | 24"W x 19.5"D x 31"H
- Age | 19th Century
- Material | Teak / rattan
- ID | 23T01155
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.