This is the lower section of a 19th Century antique Japanese kitchen cabinet known as a Mizuya tansu. It dates to the Meiji Period (1868-1912). The wood frame is made of Hinoki (Cypress) wood and the drawer fronts are Keyaki (Zelkova) wood. It has a dark red translucent lacquer finish. Originating in the Kansai region of Japan (Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe) this tansu was used in a kitchen setting to store jars of water, cookware, cooking utensils and serving dishes. There is one long, fixed shelf in the upper section, behind the large sliding drawers.
- Origin | Japan
- Dimensions | 110"W x 21.5"D x 36.5"H
- Age | 1868-1912
- Material | Cypress
- ID | EP008
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.