This elegant bust dates to the early 1900's and depicts a woman with classical features and a serene expression. The bust is from Barcelona, sculpted by Francec Madurell and dates to the early 1900's. Though the bust probably represents a specific historical woman (likely a commission) it elevates the individual depicted to a universal archetype; a kind of Goddess with roots in antiquity. The face, including lips, cheeks, nose and eyebrow are subtly and perfectly molded. The eyelids are, however, unusually large and sharp and project forward from the face, hiding the eyes from view. This creates a feeling of emotional distance from the viewer; we feel as if we are in the presence of a divine being, not a human. The sense of majesty is increased by the height and roughness of the unfinished base. Carrara marble, Italy.
- Origin | Spain
- Dimensions | 18.5"W x 12.5"D x 29.5"H
- Age | 1910
- Material | Marble
- ID | 22E01069
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.