A rare pair of early Tang Dynasty (618-907 CE) grey pottery horses with original pigments. Each horse stands foursquare, with legs splayed outward in a posture of power and repose. One horse's head is slightly turned to the left. The other horse retains more of the original white-pigmented slip on its head and neck. Its abdomen shows losses and repairs. The heads are finely and realistically molded, as are the tails. The horses are of Northern Chinese origin, found in a tomb along the Yellow River Valley, molded in grey terra cotta derived from wind-blown loess deposits. TL tested by Oxford Laboratories, 2004, certifying purported age. Export to China, PRC, currently prohibited.
- Origin | China
- Dimensions | 23"W x 8"D x 22.5"H
- Age | 1000-1400 Years Old
- Material | Terracotta
- ID | EP001
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.