The betel box, which holds betel leaves and various condiments, is a traditional item of hospitality in Southeast Asia. It is offered to guests. They take a betel leaf, smear it with lime paste and wrap it around a portion of areca nut, adding selected spices. Betel boxes like this one contain stacked trays to segment the contents. The deep, overlapping cover keeps the contents moist.
This box is made from woven bamboo, covered in tree-sap lacquer (colored with cinnabar) and then etched with complex designs. This box features a zodiac pattern, which is rare. It dates to the 1920's.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 9"W x 9"D x 9"H
- Age | C.1940
- Material | Bamboo
- ID | 21T01059
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.