Celadon was originally developed in the imperial workshops of China as a substitute for jade vessels. Acquiring the look of jade is a difficult process. It requires a wood-ash glaze, a very high firing temperature, and fine clay.
Most fine Thai celadon originated in the northern part of the country, particularly in and around the old capital city of Sukhothai. The Thais have been making their version of celadon since the 12th century. There are variations in color and pattern unique to each batch fired.
This celadon was made in Chiang Mai, Thailand by a kiln operating within the old city walls. Note the glaze's traditional crackle and color.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 8"W x 8"D x 12.5"H
- Age | New
- Material | Ceramic
- ID | 21T01161
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.