These pale celadon and white colored stone roundels are modeled after ancient Chinese artifacts; bi are flat discs with a hole carved through their center. Traditionally made from jade, they were produced as early as the Neolithic period. While the oldest examples are primarily undecorated, in the later centuries artists began to intricately carve them with ornate designs ranging from geometric patterns, floral and animal motifs and religious symbols and deities. Bi have been discovered in excavated tombs and burial grounds, and their shape and decoration is said to relate to the sky more specifically, to symbolize heaven. Bi are also believed to pertain to social rank and have been given to, or kept by religious leaders and important members of society from emperors and kings to scholars and government officials. These unadorned stones have smooth, gently rounded faces and edges that are polished to a high shine. Measurements reflect diameter of disk and height is overall including stand.
- Origin | China
- Dimensions | 20.5"W x 5.5"D x 26.5
- Age | 21st Century
- Material | Marble Stone
- ID | 23M01018
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.