This impressive sign was once hung above the entrance to a Chinese ancestral hall. It is made from planks of Elmwood covered in layers of thick black tree lacquer for protection from the elements. The characters read, from right to left, north, hall, spring, forever . Ancestral halls were usually found in villages in which many families bore the same surname, such as Chen or Li . The ancestral hall looked like a house but it was only used during religious ceremonies and holidays. Members of the clan would gather periodically to pay respects. It appears to be the early 20th Century or earlier. From Shanxi Province.
- Origin | Shanxi, China
- Dimensions | 85"W x 1.25"D x 32"H
- Age | 20th Century
- Material | Lacquered Wood
- ID | 09C03059
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.