A monumental entrance to an Indian mansion near Mumbai (Bombay). During the British Colonial period, Bombay greatly epanded its wealth through trade. Merchants and aristocrats built fine mansions and palaces with masonry walls and wooden fittings. Many of these old houses occupy large tracts of prime urban land and are being de-constructed and replaced with modern high-rise buildings. The old parts, everything from foundation stones to floors and doors to rafters and roof tiles are saved and sold off. This massive doorway blends elegantly simple framing with delicately carved details including flowes, vines and religious symbols. A likeness of the Hindu God Ganesh, the master of the universe's formless energy, is carved in the middle of the lintel. Metal rosettes further decorate the doors and cloumns.
- Origin | Maharashtra, India
- Dimensions | 92"W x 35.5"D x 120"H
- Age | C.1850
- Material | Teak
- ID | 21T01004
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.