These sparkling cracked-glass vases were made in the Karcag factory in Hungary during the 1950's -1970's. Hungarian engineers that had been making heat-resistant cook wares since the 1950's and later developed a way of decoratively "cracking" the glass by pouring different layers together and allowing the different thermal properties to crack the glass internally, creating beautiful spider-web-like patterns. The majority of the decor products of the factory were made using this technique (vases, candlesticks and etc...). The glass was produced in different colors and was widely traded throughout the East Block.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 4.25"Dia x 8.75"H
- Age | c.1950
- Material | Glass
- ID | 23E01080D
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.