An ancient Chinese Han dynasty terracotta attendant figure, dating to 206 BC–220 AD. Shown standing upright with elongated limbs, oval face and schematic features. He wears a suit of scale armor and a long tunic, with thick collar. The left arm is held forwards presumably to hold reins or a lance. With its flowing, linear curves and abstract form, the design of this elegant figure reflects the more common larger Han dynasty figures of soldiers, archers and attendants. Yet where the large figures are broad and forceful, this example is delicate and almost whimsical. With its colorful patterns and almost stoic sense of deference, figures such as this were made to accompany the Han elite into the afterlife, providing protection and acting as a display of wealth and status.
- Origin | China
- Dimensions | 6.5"W x 3.5"D x 19"H
- Age | 206BC - 220AD
- Material | Terracotta
- ID | RHS021
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.