A Chinese Ming-style wooden butterfly cabinet from the 19th century, with carved spandrels, drawers, doors and dark oxblood patina. This elegant coffer, called a butterfly cabinet, features a rectangular floating panel top sitting above three drawers, each and fitted with brass hardware. (Over time, missing handles have been replaced but not matched!) Two doors are found below, flanked with solid panels. A single shelf divides the interior space horizontally. Our eyes are immediately drawn to the carved spandrels that decorate the sides and give the piece its distinctive lacey profile. With its refined surface and dark patina, this Ming Dynasty style butterfly cabinet is a great focal point in any home, particularly in an entry. The piece is very old, dating to the prosperous and confident "Middle Qing" period.
- Origin | Shanxi, China
- Dimensions | 53.5"W x 20.5"D x 33.5"H
- Age | c.1800
- Material | Elm Wood
- ID | 22T01025
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.