This elegant small Chinse coffer, called a butterfly cabinet, features a floating panel top sitting above two carved drawers, each and fitted with brass hardware. Beneath the drawers is a a richly carved floating panel, which hides interior storage. Our eyes are immediately drawn to the carved floral spandrels that decorate the sides and give the piece its distinctive profile. With its refined surface design and dark patina, this late Qing Dynasty style 19th century side chest will be a great focal point in any room. The piece dates to the "Late Qing" but has a much older design. Note the lighter color at the bottom of each leg -this is highly corelated with age and indicates that the piece sat for a long time on a damp tile floor. Over time, the original dark lacquer finish fell off.
- Origin | Shandong, China
- Dimensions | 42.25"W x 19.25"D x 33.5"H
- Age | c.1850
- Material | Elm
- ID | 22T01070
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.