Before refrigeration was available, the Thais used clay vessels like this to cool drinking water for meals and hospitality. The unglazed terra cotta allowed the water to sweat through and evaporate on the outside, cooling the water inside. These carafes were meant to be used by just one person, while seated on the floor. Each carafe came with its own drinking cup, usually made from a coconut shell. This carafe is new, made in Chiang Mai, Thailand, according to an ancient design. Sizes are varied. Price for EACH.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 7"Dia x 10"H
- Age | Newly Made
- Material | Terracotta
- ID | 22T01071B
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.