An exceptionally original 19th century houshold storage coffer in the Tianjin Style. Tianjin is a large city in Northeast China that acts as the port of Beijing. It was a prosperous city and the furniture made there was known for is solidity and clean, balnaced lines. Tianjin storage chests typically feature heavy brass handles and lockplates. All hardware on this chest is original and the patina on the wood is aged and lovely; natural oxblood lacquer, which has rubbed off in some areas and darkened in other areas due to more than a century of use. The piece was probably part of a dowry and exhibitied in a highly visible part of the home. The whitish deposits on the legs suggest that the piece sat on a terra cotta floor that was often moist.
- Origin | Tianjin , China
- Dimensions | 48"W x 31.5"D x 36"H
- Age | c.1850
- Material | Elm Wood
- ID | 22T01092
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.