This is a classic example of a “Beijing" or "Tianjin" sideboard, so-called because of their origin in this region of northeastern China. This compact chest has three drawers with two doors below. The center stile between the doors can be removed to place larger items inside. The everted ends of the top add grace and style to the piece, as do the beautifully carved spandrels which feature an archaistic design. All joinery is mortise-and-tenon; no nails were used. Most of the original oxblood lacquer has worn off, leaving a rosy stain on much of the face. The brass hardware is original and has become oxidized with age.
- Origin | Beijing, China
- Dimensions | 62"W x 19.5"D x 34.75"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Elm Wood
- ID | 22T01093
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.