This elegant small coffer features a floating panel top and two drawers sitting above storage area with three carved panels. The front of the drawers and the lower panels are carved with floral rosettes and other auspicious symbols. Carved floral spandrels decorate the sides and give the piece its distinctive winged profile. With its refined proportions and rich oxblood patina, this Qing Dynasty side chest will be a unique focal point in any room. There is an interesting gradient from intact oxblood lacquer at the top of the piece to exposed weathered wood on the lower legs. This is an indication that the piece was placed for many decades on a moist terra cotta tile floor. Water and minerals in the floor gradually leach up into the legs, causing the lacquer to fall off. It's a good indication of age and expected on pieces from this part of China. Given the uniqueness of the piece, further restoration will be performed only in consultation with the buyer.
- Origin | Shandong, China
- Dimensions | 41.5"W x 19.25"D x 33.5"H
- Age | c.1900
- Material | Elm Wood
- ID | 22T01226
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.