This solid teak bookcase was made in a modern, simple style in Rangoon, Burma, near the very end of the British Empire. We call these pieces by different names; "mid-century", art moderne" or just "modern style" but they all refer to the superb solid wood furniture that was made towards the end of the British Empire in Asia and in the two decades that followed. During the British Empire in India and Burma much furniture was made in the British style, substituting (far superior) native hardwoods for European ones. Rattan was used instead of cloth upholstery, which grew moldy in the tropical humidity.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 95.5"W x 24"D x 90"H
- Age | C.1950
- Material | Teak
- ID | 22T02090
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.