This dramatic 1960's console features walnut veneer and a cantilevered form. During the 1960's and 1970's, Hungarian furniture makers were encouraged to create simple, modern designs that could be mass-produced. They were intended to compete with Western European fashions and thereby show the success of the Socialist system. Many were quite daring and this this daring was often expressed in a Brutalist vocabulary. That included sharp angles, cantilevers, asymmetry and basically anything that went against the grain of traditional balance and order. However, Hungarian furniture makers had a long history of working with glossy and sophisticated veneers and (intentionally or unintentionally) made the most austere designs quite luxurious. This console features finely grained and matched walnut veneers that produce a very dressy and sophisticated impression. The console is ideal for a contemporary entry hall, dining area or bedroom.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 60"W x 13"D x 31.25"H
- Age | c.1960
- Material | Walnut Veneer
- ID | 23E01072
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.