This is a very old Japanese Tansu chest with two drawers and a set of sliding drawers in the center. It is from the Meiji period (1860s-1900s). It is made of Kiri wood(Paulownia). The handles are made of hand-forged iron. These drawers are rugged and richly patinated with original oxblood lacquer. The design is very simple and clean, allowing the natural beauty of the wood to quietly show forth. The drawers and door move smoothly and are in excellent condition. The insides of the drawers have also been scrubbed and are very clean and odor-free. This is a "furniture fossil"; an unadulterated, all-original gem that can still be used today. Due to its simple design, it blends easily with contemporary interior design and modern art.
- Origin | Japan
- Dimensions | 37.5"W x 13"D x 34"H
- Age | c. 1880
- Material | Kiri wood
- ID | 23T01047
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.