This bold and unusual depiction of the Virgin and Child closely follows the iconography of Our Lady of Montserrat, a venerated sculpture and object of pilgrimage since at least the 13th Century. According to Catalan tradition, the original sculpture was carve in Jerusalem in the early Christian era and brought to Spain. Over the centuries, the faces became darkened by soot and this statue of the Virgin joined the ranks of the "Black Madonas" of Europe. Though it was made in the late 20th Century, this statue has a strongly Byzantine or Early Christian character. The faces are innocent and naive. The child Christ is shown sitting enthroned on his mother's lap. Both mother and child hold orbs, probably representing their rulership over the earth. The rough cement retains much of its original patina.
- Origin | Spain
- Dimensions | 11"W x 9"D x 23.5"H
- Age | c.1950
- Material | Concrete
- ID | 22E01061
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.