This hand embroidered shoulder is from the Akha tribe and has been framed for display on a wall. The Akha are an indigenous hill tribe who live in small villages at higher elevations in the mountains of Thailand, Burma, Laos, and Yunnan Province in China. They made their way from China into Southeast Asia during the early 20th century. Civil war in Burma and Laos resulted in an increased flow of Akha immigrants and there are now some 80,000 living in Thailand's northern provinces of Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai where they constitute one of the largest of the hill tribes. Many of their villages can be visited by tourists on trekking tours from either of these cities.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 23.5"W x 3.5"D x 34.5"H
- Age | 20th Century
- Material | Cotton, Wood, & Glass
- ID | 08M02068A
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.