Often referred to as Foo Dogs or Fu Dogs in western culture, these handsome stone sentinels are iconic gatekeepers seen throughout Asia. Traditional symbols of protection, they are made from durable materials like bronze or stone and are presented in pairs to flank either side of a threshold. While their decoration style varies by culture and religion, handsomely carved and highly detailed pairs were universally indicative of power initially reserved for temples, royal palaces, and the wealthiest of families. This specific pair is depicted standing on all fours, having curled manes and tails, each with teeth bared "mouths slightly open showing their tongues " draped in a decorative banner and adorned with bells below their necks. The price is for the pair.
- Origin | China
- Dimensions | 43"W x 13"D x 32"H
- Age | 19th Century
- Material | Limestone
- ID | 16M01009
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.