Sprawling green meadows, crystalline waters, and classical architecture define this set of sumptuous nineteenth-century oil paintings, hailing from Italy. Comparable in size and style to the dream-like works of french muralist, Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, they celebrate the neoclassical vision of Arcadia. European aristocrats became especially interested in recreating this vision in their homes during the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. Some restoration was done on painting. In 19th Century Italy and France, important rooms were often paneled in wood and fitted out with a series of paintings. This oil on canvas piece dates to the early 19th Century and is Northern Italian. It was part of a series of landscapes that once decorated a single room. It is a kind of decorative fossil, redolent of history and the passage of time.
- Origin | Italy
- Dimensions | 74.5"W x 1.5"D x 39"H
- Age | 19th Century
- Material | Oil on Canvas
- ID | 17E01081D
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.