This Chinese farmer's raincoat dates to the early 20th Century and was found in Fujian province.
This sturdy raincoat was used by farmers, and fisherman in Sothern China during Qing Dynasty, 1644 to 1911. The garment featured Chinese silver grass, woven palm, and coconut fibers several layers thick, which makes it hard for water to permeate. The thickly woven natural fibers shed water quickly and kept the wearer dry. This practical article of clothing was in widespread use until waxed linen substitutes became available and affordable later. These rain jackets are quite rare now and collected for their beauty and ingenious construction.
This raincoat consists of both an apron skirt, and a cape. It has been zoned together to lay flatter on the wall when display.
- Origin | Fujian, China
- Dimensions | 35"W x 41"H
- Age | 20th Century
- Material | Silver Grass, Woven Palm, and Coconut Fibers
- ID | HS111
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.