A Chinese Ming-style wooden butterfly cabinet from the 19th century, with carved spandrels, drawers, doors and a dark oxblood patina. This elegant small coffer, called a butterfly cabinet, features a floating panel top sitting above two carved drawers, each and fitted with brass hardware. Beneath the drawers is a a richly carved floating panel, which hides interior storage. Our eyes are immediately drawn to the carved dragon spandrels that decorate the sides and give the piece its distinctive profile. With its refined surface design and dark patina, this Ming Dynasty style 19th century side chest will be a great focal point in any home, particularly an entry. The piece dates to the prosperous "Middle Qing". Note the mineral deposits at the bottom of each leg -this is highly corelated with age and indicates that the piece sat for a long time on a damp tile floor.
- Origin | Hernan,China
- Dimensions | 41"W x 20.25"D x 33.5"H
- Age | c.1850
- Material | Elm Wood
- ID | 22T01030
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.