These sturdy food boxes are made from Yang Mu, or “box wood”, meaning quite literally a wood suitable for making boxes. For food boxes, that wood should not be too heavy or too dense; softer woods are lighter and provide better insulation. These boxes were meant to keep cooked foods warm and were often transported to worksites in the fields or construction areas. To prolong the useful life of the box, lacquer was applied to the interior and exterior surface. This protected against moisture and insects.
- Origin | Shanxi, China
- Dimensions | 14"W x 14"D x 7.5"H
- Age | 19th Century
- Material | Wood & Lacquer
- ID | 22T02036A
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.