These 1970's-era Brutalist arm chairs from Budapest Hungary. During the 1960's and 1970's, Hungarian furniture makers were asked to create simple, modern designs that could be mass-produced. They were to compete with Western European designs and thereby show the creativity and superiority of the Socialist system. Consequently, many of the designs were quite daring and dramatic. This daring often expressed itself in a Brutalist vocabulary, which made a dramatic and intentional break with all previous design schemes. These chairs are made from poplar wood and once had sheepskin upholstery, which had badly deteriorated. The frames were restored and the upholstery was replaced with synthetic fur. They are quite comfortable and make a lively addition to a contemporary room. Price for EACH
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 23"W x 23.75"D x 37.5"H
- Age | c.1970
- Material | Poplar
- ID | 23E01041
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!