These compact and curvaceous lounge chairs were made in Budapest, Hungary in the 1960's. They are examples of Mid-Century Socialist furniture; the modern furniture made after World War 2 in the countries of the "East Bloc", such as Hungary, Czechoslovakia and East Germany. Though the styles usually followed Western European fashion, local variation was common. Many pieces had a "space age" or Brutalist look which reflected the East's competition with the West. These chairs are very simple and graceful, with barrel backs and shapely solid Beech legs. They're unusually comfortable. The upholstery was changed to a modern velvet. Wood finish and color was left intact.
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 28.25"W x 30"D x 32.25"H
- Age | c.1960
- Material | Solid BeechWood
- ID | 23E01048
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.