This impressive pair of vintage cane-backed armchairs can add richness and history to modern spaces. The chairs are unusually deep and wide 34" x 34" with solid oak frames, double-walled woven cane sides and ample seat cushions and bolsters. The top edge of the oak frame is scalloped and carved with a foliate pattern. The slender sides terminate in ball feet. This type of highly ornamental and decorative furniture is sometimes referred to as "Baroque Revival". No so much a school of design as an occasional flavor, the furniture makers of Budapest in the 1920's were quite capable of producing rich ancient patterns as well as modern pieces that reflected the new society. These chairs are best enjoyed in a contemporary environment, with luxurious pillows and plush upholstery (available for an extra charge).
- Origin | Hungary
- Dimensions | 37.25"W x 33.5"D x 36.75"H
- Age | c.1930
- Material | Oak and Rattan
- ID | 23E01078
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.