Thai temples often featured various kinds of carved figures including Buddhas and angels. This large set of wooden greeting angels is based on the sculptures that typically flanked altars or entrances. Thai Buddhists, like members of other faiths, believe that benign heavenly beings live in heaven and intercede in the affairs of people on earth. According to Thai Buddhism, there are several principal types of angels, including greeting angels, blessing angels and angels of judgment. Wooden depictions are commonly (and only) found in temples and they are often richly gilded. Wealthier temples might have some bronze ones as well. These blessing angels hold their hands clasped together in a respectful pose of greeting (known as a “wai”) and wear a heavenly costume decorated with pointed winglets and a draped skirt. They were carved in Chiang Mai, Thailand. They have been intentionally weathered for an antique appearance. Price for EACH.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 32"W x 14"D x 92"H
- Age | Newly Made
- Material | Teak
- ID | 23T01005
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.