This long and graceful Chinese altar table features a rich oxblood patina that has darkened with age. Oxblood is one of the three traditional Chinese lacquers, including red and black, both of which are fully opaque. Oxblood is semi-translucent and shows the beautiful wood grain below. The lacquer is made from actual animal blood dissolved into tree sap lacquer. This piece is from Shanxi, China and is from the Middle Qing Dynasty period. It makes an ideal sofa table, console table, or altar. The table has bold proportions that are wonderfully contradicted by the elegantly carved, billowing ruyi cloud motif leg stretchers. The end view is also beautiful, with carved stretcher panels depicting birds and flowers as they impart strength and rigidity. A note on rarity: very few all-original and unmodified pieces are now found in China. All wear is plausible; logical and well-supported by close examination. Though the piece is very old, it blends well with modern interiors and modern art.
- Origin | Shanxi , China
- Dimensions | 90"W x 15"D x 38"H
- Age | C. 1800
- Material | Elm
- ID | 23T01037
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.