This long and graceful Chinese altar table features a rich oxblood patina that has darkened greatly with age. Oxblood is one of the three traditional Chinese lacquers. Red and black lacquers are fully opaque. Oxblood lacquer, however, is translucent and displays the beautiful wood grain below. Oxblood lacquer is made from actual ox blood dissolved into natural tree sap lacquer.
This piece is from Shanxi, China and is from the early Qing Dynasty period. It features clean lines and a beautifully aged original patina. Can be used as a sofa table, console table, or an altar table. The altar table has clean, simple lines that are wonderfully contradicted by elegantly carving, billowing ruyi. Cloud motif leg stretchers.
- Origin | Shanxi , China
- Dimensions | 77"W x 14.5"D x 35.5"H
- Age | Early qing
- Material | Bei mu
- ID | 23T01254
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.