Flemish painters of the 17th and 18th century were renowned for their depiction of joyous and disorderly secular life. This delightful village scene shows peasants dancing and making merry, probably in observance of a saint's day or other religious holiday. The natural mineral pigments are well-set in a durable oil-based guache. There is significant water damage and staining, particularly to the upper portion of the painting but it does not affect the aesthetic harmony of the piece. This was most likely part of a set of paintings.
- Origin | Belgium
- Dimensions | 41.5"W x 1.25"D x 79"H
- Age | 18th Century
- Material | Oil on Linen
- ID | 22E01002
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.